Courtesy of Dead & CompanyThe Grateful Dead spinoff group Dead & Company welcomed some special guests to their concert Monday at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida.

The jam band, in collaboration with the office of Florida Congressman Ted Deutch, arranged to have teachers, students and parents from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in nearby Parkland, Florida — the site of the recent deadly school shooting — attend the show.

Dead & Company, which features Grateful Dead alumni Bob Weir, Bill Kreutzmann and Mickey Hart, as well as pop star John Mayer, also hung out backstage with the students and teachers. A photo of the get-together has been posted on the band’s Instagram page, along with a note that reads, “We had the honor of hanging with the students of MSD High School last night. They are strong, bright and soulful, and we are grateful for the hope they are bringing to the world.”

Inspired by how the students have rallied for change in the wake of the tragedy, the group’s members showed their support for the school by wearing MSDStrong t-shirts during the show.

Bassist Oteil Burbridge, formerly of The Allman Brothers Band, also donned a t-shirt promoting the March for Our Lives rally, a demonstration planned for March 24 in Washington, D.C., organized by students around the U.S. calling for action in response of the wave a mass school shootings that have taken place in the country.

Seventeen people were killed in the February 14 massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.