Sara De Boer/STARTRAKS PHOTO via ABCMadonna may be the Queen of Pop, but she’s also the proud mom of a newly-minted college freshman. The singer’s eldest daughter, Lourdes, is now a student at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, her mom’s alma mater. The two were spotted at an Ann Arbor restaurant over the weekend as Lourdes prepared to start classes.

According to MLive.com, Madonna and Lourdes, whom she calls Lola, were seen eating dinner on Sunday at Ann Arbor’s Cafe Felix. Madonna, Lourdes and a few others sat in a back booth and stayed for an hour. “She was delightful. She was really low-key about it,” the bar manager tells MLive.com. “The coolest part was at the end she said ‘I really enjoyed myself.'” He added that the staff “flipped” when they realized who it was…and they weren’t the only ones.

MLive.com reports that a few students tweeted that they’d seen Madonna and Lourdes in the dorms on on campus. One wrote, “My roommate just screamed and ran after Madonna and Lola. So it’s safe to say that Lola and I aren’t gonna be friends anytime soon.”

Classes at the University of Michigan began on Tuesday. Meanwhile, Madonna has Instagrammed a shot of her eldest son Rocco accompanying her two youngest children, David and Mercy, to their school.

Follow –ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio